This is a great way to get a firm grounding in the sport. Our aim is to take you from total novice, to budding amateur in a single weekend. You will be capable of independent progress upon completion of the workshop; having a good grasp of both casting and how to find and fool trout with a fly.
$390 per person for the 2 Day Course. Price includes lunch and morning/afternoon tea (both days), tuition, course materials and use of any gear as required. Accommodation is not included in the price but we can assist you to find suitable accommodation nearby.
The three instructors running the course have over 60 years of experience in the instruction of fly fishing between them and they are more than happy to answer any and all questions pertaining fly fishing.
KEY REASONS why you should learn to fly fish with us:
* only $390 per person for the 2 Day Workshop
* only 6 - 9 participants per workshop with two-three instructors. Ratio of 3:1 = more individual attention
* all our instructors are full time professionals who teach fly fishing every single day
* we have the best teaching facility in the country
* GVFFC has been teaching fly fishing full time since 1994
* we have taught thousands of people to fly fish over the years. We can teach you too!
* we have a fully stocked flyshop and only sell gear that we ourselves use. Beginner's combos start at $299 for a good quality, 'ready to fish' rod/reel/line package and are available for purchase every day of the year.
Can't find a suitable date for a our beginner's workshop?
Never mind. We conduct private sessions for individuals or private groups every day of the year at the normal teaching/guiding rate. Phone for more information or check the prices here.
Due to the heavily discounted price our our workshops, payment in full is taken at the time of booking.
Please note the Cancellation Policy for our workshops before making a booking. ;-)
To book or for more information phone us on Free Call 1800 458 111
A few pics from one of our recent workshops.......